Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Portobello Road


Saturday I went to the Portobello Road Market in Notting Hill with some girls from school.  There are all kinds of vendors up and down the road.I love all the different colored houses.  The song Portobello Road from the Disney movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks ran through my head all day long.  I spared my new friends and didn't actually sing it out loud.



We also went to see the Travel Bookshop from the movie Notting Hill.  Check out the guy in front posing for us with his cigar.  He stood in front of the window right when we started taking pictures and then he left as soon as we all finished.



And for all of you into the cupcake craze, we went to The Hummingbird Bakery.  It is known for more than just cupcakes though and is known as an American bakery.  You may have seen their cookbook.  I had a red velvet cupcake and a cheesecake brownie.






3 comments:

  1. Is there a cupcake craze?? (maybe I missed that)...but love cupcakes (and cake, and ice cream..and.....etc. etc) Looks like you had a GREAT day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so started singing the Portobello song as soon as I read your title. I loved that movie. It is still so exciting to see what you are doing and making. I don't know half of the words you are using. I no cake and cupcake. I did make a batch of eclairs in my senior homemaking class in high school. Thought they were a lot of work. I see much of what you are doing takes a lot of work. But it does look good and very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see that you're having a good time along with learning to be a top notch pastry chef. Have you taught any of the instructors anything yet. Show them that great smile and tell them it comes from America.

    the Pillsbury Doughboy

    ReplyDelete