Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day of School


 
It seems funny to say, but today was my first day of school!  It was a little hectic, but very exciting.  We got our uniforms, knife sets, and schedules.  We first met in our practical groups.  I'm in a group of nine students from all over, none from the US.  Everybody in my group is here for the full nine months.  Our mentor chef is French, as are most of the chefs at the school.  After lunch we met with the entire Patisserie group, which is probably less than 70, and went over the rules and our schedules.  Each group has different schedules.  Tomorrow I have an all day Food Safety course where I have to get certified.  I have Wednesday off and then demonstrations on Thursday and Friday. 

This is going to be a little short since I'm sick.  All the traveling and cold air are catching up to me and I need to get some rest.  I think it was less than 30 degrees farenheit today.  I have to get used to celsius here.  I also need to remember to look at all the ingredients in medicine I take.  The cold medicine I took last night had caffeine in it.  I didn't get much sleep. :(

3 comments:

  1. Ok so today was the first time looking at your blog... ooops now I have to catch up on reading!! I am so excited for you and it sounds like things are working out great!!! Hope you feel better and I will be e-mailing you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a 2 month old baby limits my time to everything so I just caught up on reading your blog. I love reading it and hearing how you are doing. I am so happy that you are doing great (even with a mouse, I don't think I would have been able to stay in the room the rest of the night!) I'm happy to hear you found a nice place and especially with people who sound like they will be there to show you the ropes out there. I'm praying that you continue to work for the best for you! Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so absolutely excited for you! And reading about your roommates reminded me of the Sunset and Cow Hollow - good times! I can't believe I just thought of this, but if you have any free time you should go see Malin! I have her address and she is on Skype (though I have yet to Skype with her). Can't wait to keep reading your blog! I am living vicariously though you!

    ReplyDelete