I decided to do some more sight-seeing today since I had the day off. I went to see the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge. After walking around in the cold I warmed up with a cappuccino and a good book in a bookstore cafe. It was across the street from a Borders bookstore that went out of business. Interesting. I wandered around the neighborhood looking for used bookstores and found quite a few that I will be back to visit.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
More Snow!
It snowed again last night and this morning. The weather has not been what I expected. Everyone kept telling me it would be cold, rainy, and gloomy. It's definitely been cold, but not that gloomy. . . so far. There were even a few days of sun the first week I was here. The snow has been a surprise for everyone here too. I am learning the art of bundling up with lots of layers.
I decided to do some more sight-seeing today since I had the day off. I went to see the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge. After walking around in the cold I warmed up with a cappuccino and a good book in a bookstore cafe. It was across the street from a Borders bookstore that went out of business. Interesting. I wandered around the neighborhood looking for used bookstores and found quite a few that I will be back to visit.
I decided to do some more sight-seeing today since I had the day off. I went to see the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge. After walking around in the cold I warmed up with a cappuccino and a good book in a bookstore cafe. It was across the street from a Borders bookstore that went out of business. Interesting. I wandered around the neighborhood looking for used bookstores and found quite a few that I will be back to visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the post, Kristy. It's always a treat to read and see more of your adventures. You are taking every opportunity to absorb your surroundings, You have a courageous spirit, I've always admired that.
ReplyDelete