Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A New Adventure

I know what you might be thinking. Here’s some girl that saw that movie Julie and Julia and thought she would do something like it. I actually had this idea before I saw the trailer for that movie. Just ask the two friends I hesitantly mentioned the idea to. I say hesitantly because I was almost embarrassed of the idea. This was me being prideful. It took me awhile to convince myself that this was a really good idea for me. It know it might not be a good idea for most people my age, but for me it seems just right.

For several months before I applied to pastry school I had been in a funk. I felt like I could do so much more. What happened to the girl with that desire to go to the Peace Corps? For anyone who doesn’t know, several years ago I planned to work for the Peace Corps. It didn’t work out for that time in my life, but I swore when I was 30 I would rethink the idea. 30 came and went. I gave it a brief thought, but my personal life was far different than it is now. I am now 31 and single with no obligations. Being single is a gift. I’m embracing it and taking advantage of it. I spent the last nine years working hard, paying off college debt, and saving money. It's time for me to do something I'm more passionate about and have no regrets.

For anybody that knows me at all, you know that I am a very private person. This whole writing about myself thing is so out of character for me. I was never any kind of a writer. I have been encouraged by a few friends and family to start this blog as part of this new chapter of my life. And I think this is a great time for me to become more open. So here I go. . .

9 comments:

  1. Kristy, I am so excited for you. I already feel like I know you better. Hopefully, you will have time to keep this blog going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Kristy, no one's here to help me select a profile. I didn't see a hotmail choice. I tried a couple, then just hit the anonymous button and it went through. So, I'll just be anonymous and sign my name here. Love, Aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, maybe I'll wait until I get some info and select a different profile because if you hit anonymous you always have to type some letters before it accepts it. I just like to click. I hope to have it all figured out by the next time you blog. Love, Aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey friend, sitting at my desk, eating string cheese, wishing I was on the plane with you to London...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am so proud that you are following your passion and can't wait to hear about your adventures in London! By the way, if you see Hugh Grant (he lives in London), please say hello! ;o)

    Zeljka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! I am so happy for you and your new adventure!!! I can't wait to hear more from you. And if you do see Hugh Grant take a picture and send to me :) Love, Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does Hugh Grant actually live in London? I guess I would want, nah I don't think I want his picture. I would like some pictures of the unusual people of London though.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristy, your voice in your writing is beautiful! It is right from your heart! I am so proud of you following your heart, and I think your blog is a great idea! It is something you will have with you always, documenting you living your unique, amazing, and inspiring life in London!

    ReplyDelete