Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Arrived Safely
I made it to London safely! I had an easy flight, even arrived early. I am most thankful that I arrived safely, but if I had to choose one tangible thing that I was most thankful for yesterday, it would be baggage carts (trolleys). Those things saved me at the airport and the train station in London. I debated taking a cab from the airport to my hotel or taking an Express train that dropped me off near my hotel and was much cheaper. I decided to be brave and take the train. The hotel really was only a block from the train station. I'm sure I was quite a sight lugging my 120+ lbs of luggage down the drizzling street, but it really wasn't that bad. I'm off to find a place to live. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you made it safely. The news here is all about the extra security at airports, so I was glad you had an easy time of it. What a sight you must have been lugging 120+ pounds of luggage down the street. How many bags would that be? I cannot even imagine. Now how many hours are you ahead of us, 12? By the way, it's raining in Tulare too.
ReplyDeleteThe previous post is from me, Aunt Kathleen. Maybe I'll ask your mom how she logs in.
ReplyDeleteTotally fun following your progress. Thanks for bloging. Keep your posts coming, they make you seem not quite so far away. However, being so far away is definately a huge wonderful part of the adventure.
ReplyDeleteHugs from Fremont!! We love you.
I am really glad you are blogging. I will find it interesting to note all the differences since 1970 when I was there. Of course the big difference is the $2.40 for 1 English pound back then. I sure hope we can make it over there while you are there. Take care!
ReplyDeleteUncle Patrick
yay!!! praying that everything else goes as smooth. lovin the blog! No...I'm serious! I love reading what's going on over there with you!
ReplyDelete