LCB Superior Patisserie Event
You have to start with warm scones, clotted cream, and jam
The trays on the tables were amazing!
Main display
Close up of the displays
Another one of my favorites was this almond tart
We were put in pairs and my partner and I were assigned the lemon cake and yogurt mousse with a tangy apricot jelly and a pistachio sponge inside, set on a chocolate sable base. The lemon cake may seem a little boring next to some of the other pastries, but the chef said it's the best one she's seen in a long time.
My guests Angela and Melinda
This picture and the one below show one of each pastry.
From top left to right: cygnet (choux pastry with creme chantilly), lemon cake, almond tart, chocolate & banana tart, pistachio cake
From middle left to right: orange mousse, eclair, apricot & yogurt mousse, rosewater & lychee macaronde, lime mousse set on coconut meringue
Bottom: milk & white chocolate mousse layered with cherries
Top: almond meringue topped with praline buttercream, strawberry & champagne mousse, creme brulee tart, raspberry chocolate mousse
Middle: chocolate macaron layered with coffee brulee & white chocolate mousse, paris-brest (choux pastry with hazelnut pastry cream), religious (choux pastry with coffee pastry cream), pear mousse
Bottom: marble cake
We made 30-50 of each of the 20 pastries
Wednesday was our big event. It went really well and I had a lot of fun. I was more excited about it than I thought I would be. It's fun to share what I've learned over the last eight months and I'm so glad Angela and Melinda were there to enjoy it (and make themselves a little sick).
Wednesday was also my last day of classes. Next Tuesday is my written exam and Wednesday is my big six hour practical exam. Today I turned in my portfolio for my final. It details all the recipes, methods, diagrams/pictures, ingredients, equipment needed, and a time plan. The time plan was the most time consuming part because I had to write out my plan for the six hours in 15 minute intervals. It takes a lot of organization.

Wow those are amazing. Can we have a repeat of this when you get home? We will be praying for you as you will be getting into your final. Love ya!!!
ReplyDeleteViewing the pictures made my tummy growl.
ReplyDeleteEach pastry is truly a piece of art; delicious looking edible art.
If I understand correctly, tomorrow (Wed) is your big test day.
I'll be praying!!