Monday, June 7, 2010

Anticipation

Right now I have a lot of anticipation (in a good way) about the future.  Not necessarily about the future in ten years, but the near future.  I've never been able to even guess more than a couple years in my future.  I'm just excited about the next four months and for whatever may happen after that.  I love having something to look forward to.  Right now I feel like I have so much to look forward to over the next few months.  Some things are known, but many things are left to be determined.

Not only am I excited about my next term and seeing where I end up after all this, but I also have other exciting events coming up.  Next week is my last week of Intermediate and graduation.  At the end of each term we have a graduation where Basic and Intermediate students receive certificates for completing the course and Superior students receive their diplomas.  I did not attend the graduation after my Basic term because I was in Switzerland.  I didn't realize that we go to graduation after each term.  I thought it was just at the end of all three.  By the time I found out about the graduation I had already planned my trip to Switzerland leaving the day after classes ended and the graduation was the day after I left.  I wasn't too upset about it.  After all, I was in beautiful Switzerland with friends.  Each graduation is a very nice event.  It's always at a different place and good food is served (of course).  We each get to bring a guest and it's a nice to chance to see the chefs outside of the kitchen. It's hard to recognize some of them without their hats.

The last graduation was at the Emirates Stadium where the Arsenal football (soccer) team plays.  They served a four course lunch and was more of a sitdown event.  This graduation is at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich (home of the Prime Meridian).  They will be serving drinks and canapes and we will get to wander around the museum a bit.  Then we will sit down for the actual graduation part.  I am so excited about it!  Without even planning it, my mom and our friend Kathleen will be arriving here that morning.  I was able to get a ticket from a friend who won't be bringing a guest so both mom and Kathleen will be able to go.  The museum looks like a fun place to have an event like this.  My final graduation will be on or around September 10th.  I get to bring one guest.  As I've said before, I love having visitors. . . hint, hint.

I'm really looking forward to my mom and Kathleen's visit.  My mom is very important to me and I know it's not easy for her to be so far away.  But she also knows how important it is for me to do this.  I'm glad she gets to come see where I live and see what my life is like over here.  My mom and Kathleen and have been friends my entire life.  They even have a small business together.  Kathleen has always been a special part of my life and is like my other mom.  It means a lot to me that they are coming.  We have taken a few other trips together over the years and I know we will have a fun time together.  They arrive next Thursday the 17th and will be here for three weeks.  We will attend the graduation and then we leave the next day for Paris, Amsterdam, and Brussels for ten days.  Most of our time will be in Paris and I am so excited!  Going to France has always been a dream of mine and is probably why I took French in high school.  Now it will finally be put to use.

Even before my mom and Kathleen arrive next week, I will be taking another trip to France for five days.  This Thursday I leave for Marseille (southern France) for a little break after my final.  I will spend two days in Marseille and Cassis and then take a train to Nice for the other three days.  I wanted to take a more relaxing trip after my final and take some time to think and pray about stuff (mainly what to do when I'm finished with school).  What better place to go then the French Riviera!  This trip is not going to be spent rushing from place to place.  I want to relax on the beach and enjoy the Mediterranean.

No comments:

Post a Comment