I wanted to give a little update although I can't post any pictures right now. I'm having a great time on my last trip. I had a lot of fun in Barcelona with Angela and Brian. We saw lots of Gaudi and enjoyed the sun, tapas, and sangria. I also had a wonderful time in Lisbon. I was really able to enjoy the culture there. I had great food, wine, and port. The people were amazing. I got to hear Fado (the Portuguese blues) one night at dinner. Now I'm in Terceira (one of the Azores islands off of Portugal) and I've been really enjoying it. A cousin (I think we are 3rd cousins) has been taking me all over the island. His English is really good, which is nice because not a lot of people here speak English. He took me to a bullfight in the streets, inside a volcano, to natural swimming pools, and basically all around the island for amazing views. It's a beautiful island.
I will try to post something when I get back to London (Thursday night) and before I head back to the States (Saturday). I think I'm only there for less than 48 hours and I know it will be hectic. I left my room in a mess trying to pack everything.
I have a lot going through my head right now, but here are just a few thoughts about coming home:
1. I'm REALLY excited to see my family and friends! (For anyone who wants to get in touch - I'll have my phone back Saturday night with the same number.)
2. I can't wait for some real Mexican food!! It is just not the same in London. I know I'm having Pepe's tacos on Sunday and I'm already drooling.
3. I'm a little nervous about driving - it's been 9 months since I've driven.
4. I am ready to not have to carry my umbrella and a sweater with me everywhere I go.
5. I'm nervous about the transition back, especially since I'm still not sure what I will be doing.
6. I will really miss the beautiful sights of London and all the great people I met. It's weird to think that it won't be my life anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your random thoughts....gosh, I feel like it wasn't THAT long ago that I was in your shoes (leaving Switzerland). I know EXACTLY how you are feeling! Love you - and can't WAIT to give you a hug!!!
ReplyDelete