Friday, September 10, 2010

Diplome de Patisserie

It's official. I have a Diploma in Patisserie from Le Cordon Bleu!!!
The chefs have been calling me Kirsty for nine months, but it's spelled correctly on my diploma.  I stopped correcting them after awhile.  I'm just adding it to my list of nicknames.
Receiving my diploma from Chef Yonn, my favorite cuisine chef
He has taught some of my classes and is very encouraging.
Congratulations from Head Patisserie Chef Julie
I know - I make terrible faces
Receiving my medal from Chef Loic, Head Cuisine Chef
Part of my group
More of my group
More friends
And more friends - Hasina on the left was my guest for the graduation
My favorite - Chef Graeme
Head Patisserie Chef Julie
The venue - The Royal Courts of Justice
Inside
Inside

I'm really trying to catch up on my blog so I'm doubling up this time.  My cousin Megan was in Oxford for about five weeks (mid-June to July) and invited me to go to Disneyland Paris after her program was finished.  We arrived in Paris on a Saturday night, checked into our hotel, and had dinner at restaurant near our hotel in a really cute neighborhood.  Sunday morning I got an email from my mom telling me to watch out for the bike race.  I'm a little embarrassed to say I had no idea the Tour de France was going on.  I have not been good at keeping up with the news since I've been over here.  We looked up the Tour de France schedule and found out it was finishing that day at the Champs Elysees.  We decided to check it out.  First we walked over to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo.

Megan and I on a bridge over the Seine River
The Louvre
Megan and I waiting for the Tour de France riders to come by
There was a parade of sponsors that came by while we were waiting
These guys came by saying they were our "Sexy Show"
Still waiting
First set of riders coming by the first time
Video of riders
The first guy in the picture is from the US
Megan having French macarons and coffee at the Angelina patisserie
Tuiliere Gardens (outside the Louvre) with the Eiffel Tower in the distance
Notre-Dame in the distance
The Eiffel Tower
Boat cruise along the Seine
View from the boat cruise
View from the boat cruise

We spent Monday at Disneyland Paris.  Thanks to my wonderful cousins who work at Disneyland, I've been able to visit the parks in California quite a few times over the past few years.  I do enjoy going.  It's all about who you go with.  And I had a great time with Megan at this park.  There are actually two parks - Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios.  We started off in Disneyland and had lunch there.  We went to Walt Disney Studios for a couple hours to ride the tram ride 
On the train to Disneyland Paris
Bienvenue
We're cute
Usually I'm the one doing all the planning (and probably driving people crazy),
but I left Disneyland up to Megan
It's a Small World
Walt Disney Studios
There was a tram ride going through Hollywood Studios.  The little girl was cuddling up next to Megan during the fire and rainstorm scene, but I think Megan looks more scared.
Back to Disneyland for "Tea Time." 
Only at Disneyland Paris would you find a chocolate hazelnut Mickey brioche.  I had two.
Captain Eo is back at Disneyland!
And the 3D glasses are just as cool as the 80's hair and dancing in the film
This was near the Pirates ride, but it actually made me think of Goonies
Indiana Jones ride - the worst ride
They weren't kidding.  The Haunted House had some pretty scary stuff.
How about a strawberry tart while we wait for the fireworks?
Disneyland Paris has way better snacks than Anaheim.
Disney's Fantillusion Parade before the fireworks
Two Miller girls in Paris
Climbing to the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower.
You have to ride a lift to the very top.
Champagne at the top of the Eiffel Tower
The lift in our hotel was very French - small 
Waiting for the Metro to take us to the airport with our last bag of French pastries
Back in London
The London Eye
Megan and I on the Eye
These are the capsules that you ride in
View of House of Parliament, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey from the Eye
View of St. Paul's Cathedral from the Eye
Megan packing.  This has kind of been me this week and will definitely be me in two weeks!  Crazy!

Now I'm off to Barcelona and Portugal until the 23rd.  Then I leave London and arrive at LAX on the 25th.  I can't believe it's almost time to leave!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kristy! Nice place to have your graduation at. The eye is beautiful at night. think i should come back and go at night!! Enjoy your trip to the azores. See you soon!!!Love ya. Kathleen r.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I can't believe you are finished and will soon be home. Yeah! Thanks for the pictures and commentary on your time with Megan. I can hardly believe the opportunities to travel you and she have had, you especially.

    I think I will cut out all sweets until you are home and I can try some of yours. So looking forward to it and hearing first hand about this experience and where you go from here. Love you. Aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I totally thought you were coming home today... but you finished this week and now you get to travel... Congratulations chef.... thats a great achievement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy! You did it! So so so happy for you! I want to give you a great big hug. :) Disneyland Paris!?!? So awesome!!! I'll be visiting my family from 11/26-11/30...email me if you are available to meet. :) I miss you! ~Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete